Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Pantera - Behind The Music

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Pantera - Behind The Music

    I''m not real big into the band but watching the behind the music tonight I have two thoughts.
    Great musicians
    and
    the singer seems like a jerk

    Hope you fans don't lych me but that is the feeling I got
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  2. #2
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Pantera - Behind The Music

    He isnt a jerk, its just who he is. He has been like that since the inception of PanterA. His talent is matched by no other but as well, his ego is matched by none other as well. I loved the BTM, but it was pretty pro-one side and not so much the other.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pantera - Behind The Music

    It was horribly one-sided.

    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pantera - Behind The Music

    I don't know how it was one sided. Everyone that was there was able to say what they wanted. You might say, it seemed as though he was ganged up on with it being 10 on 1, but it was not one sided.

    I think Phil has a whole lot of problems. Mostly due to drug use. He's probably a great guy when he's not high, unfortunately those times seem to be few and far between. He's got a very abrasive personality, and he seems to be very narcisistic. That being said, I love the stuff the guy has done. I saw them on the Great Southern Trendkill tour and he sounded horrible and could barely even stand.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  5. #5
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Pantera - Behind The Music

    If you think the Pantera bunch is screwed up, check what happened to the Black Crows during their first stretch as "sellers" and really the first tour.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pantera - Behind The Music

    I can't wait for the Van Halen and Guns N Roses Behind The Music to be made to see how big of jerk's Eddie and Axl are.
    That will be interesting if they ever get made
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  7. #7
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Pantera - Behind The Music

    Ahhh from just being frequent on the DOWN side of things, alot of the barbs were back and forth rather than just Phil on DIME, it truly does stem alot from Phils drug use, but theys just so much I could imagine would be involved in a band of that proportion and with that level of "what they do". They is a great article in Revolver about the NOLA music scence after hurricane Katrina also one on PanterA and Phil on DIME. I dunno, I guess in retrospect you just think why couldnt they have worked it out, but never being on drugs and never having that sorta pressure, I guess its hard for me to understand, sorta like Kobe and Shaq, Geez...

    I just hate how so much is placed on Phil for DIMES death. Just seems unfair, it was both ways in the "smack" talk or as Phil says the metal media distorting what he says. Not allowing him to go to the funeral or any of that stuff seems a bit harsh.

  8. #8
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Pantera - Behind The Music

    Do you think the shooter believed some of the hype? I think all bands argue/fight. Guess there is a lot to be said for filling the first 2 rows with bikers and keeping folks off the stage.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •